Rebar3 is an Erlang tool that makes it easy to create, develop, and release Erlang libraries, applications, and systems in a repeatable manner.
- respect and enforce standard Erlang/OTP conventions for project structure so they are easily reusable by the community;
- manage source dependencies and Erlang packages while ensuring repeatable builds;
- handle build artefacts, paths, and libraries such that standard development tools can be used without a headache;
- adapt to projects of all sizes on almost any platform;
- treat documentation as a feature, and errors or lack of documentation as a bug.
Rebar3 is also a self-contained Erlang script. It is easy to distribute or embed directly in a project. Tasks or behaviours can be modified or expanded with a plugin system flexible enough that even other languages on the Erlang VM will use it as a build tool.
The rebar3 site provides some nice instructions on installing